Monday, April 14, 2008

It's a Girl!

We received the final amnio results today - and it is the best news considering our situation. This was a chromosomal fluke as opposed to a genetic defect. There is no reason that we shouldn't be able to have healthy pregnancies in the future.

We also found out the baby is a girl. We have named her Chloe Faith. Some of you know we were unsure about finding out the gender of the baby. Many people have prayed for us this week and those prayers were answered. On Wed. night when I couldn't sleep the name Faith came to me as a middle name. Faith is what has seen us through this and by faith we know that we will be reunited with our daughter in Heaven one day. I wondered about the first name and out of the blue came Chloe. Then I as I started to think of boy names the thought hit me, 'you don't need boy names'. And from that moment I've known we are having a little girl and her name is Chloe Faith. God certainly answered our prayers, gave us peace about the decision and gave us the name. We didn’t know what Chloe meant when we named her but looked it up and found it means “blooming.” Faith “…denotes unquestioning belief and complete trust in God.” Blooming Faith. How perfect.

Our next ultrasound is Wed. Our prayer now is that God would give us a little more time to enjoy Chloe Faith. My birthday is next Tues. and I don't want to be in the hospital or have the dates overlap with Chloe's day. If we could have her for at least another week, it would be a blessing.

In addition to the prayer support that we have received, I have to mention Perinatal Hospice. If you ever hear of anyone going through an experience like this I hope you will pass this on and give them my contact info. It is a relatively new program that helps couples deal with and prepare for late pregnancy loss and stillbirth. Two friends referred me to the local group in our area and I can't tell you how much of a difference it has made for me. The website is http://www.perinatalhospice.org/. The compassion, experience, researched-based information, and support have been invaluable to us.

Thank you again for your constant prayers and support. We are doing well considering our circumstances and appreciate your continued prayers. I'll send another update after our appointment on Wed. so you know how Chloe is doing.

No comments: