Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Update about Chloe Faith

Today Chloe Faith is restored in the arms of Jesus and her Grandma Carmen. She is whole, healthy and able to dance around the way that all little girls should. We are happy for her, but sad for us. We treasure the short time we had with her, but of course wish things could have been different.

On Saturday I will be admitted for the induction. They are going to insert a laminaria on Friday that will help my cervix soften and make the induction easier. It should be relatively smooth and painless since Chloe is so tiny.

We had a really special day today. We went to breakfast at one of Chloe's Daddy's favorite restaurants. Then walked on the beach and took pictures of my belly with a pink bow and our feet in the water for Chloe's first time to the beach. It was a treasured experience.

Last night Jose wrote this beautiful letter to Chloe:

My baby girl, how I love you. How I dreamt of holding you and watching you grow up. I will miss the opportunity to chase little boys off when they come over trying to sneak a kiss from my baby girl. I will miss watching you ask your mom to comb your hair. How I will miss showing you how to pray. If and when you leave us here on earth, your Grandma Carmen will be waiting for you to introduce you to all the Saints. You will then be skipping and running on the streets made of gold. Do not worry because Jesus and Grandma will be there to pick you up when you fall. You have brought a new meaning to my life. For instance, I would be so angry or frustrated with some person or something, but you have brought perspective to what it means to hold on to life. You have shown me how to love your mommy more and more every day. Thank you my baby girl for showing me how big and loving God really is. I love you and cannot wait to see you once again in Heaven.

Love,
Your Daddy

Jose' (and I) wanted to say thank you for your calls, emails and prayers. It makes us feel like we are not alone. You'll never know how much your support helped.

No comments: